- Birth certificate of the person concerned
- Birth certificate of a Cabo Verdean father or mother or grandmother
- Those older than 18 must present a photo ID.
The divorce of a Cabo Verdean citizen abroad must be transcribed in the civil registry of Cabo Verde. The process is organized in the embassies and consulates that send later by electronic means to the registry of central registries, competent authority for the registry of these events that took place abroad.
- Certificate of divorce, with reference to res judicata
- Birth certificate of the interested parties, if foreigners
- Copy of the identification documents of both parties
- Death certificate
- Applicant's identification
Free of cost
Certificate of matrimonial capacity
The matrimonial capacity certificate is for marriage outside the embassy.
- Birth certificates of the spouses. If a foreign, certificate issued less than 6 months
- Filled application form
- Photocopy of the identification document of both spouses
- Presence of both. Bride and groom may be represented by proxy
Those who plan to marry must declare it, personally or through an attorney-in-fact, in a Registry Office or delegation of the Civil Registry and request the initiation of the Marriage process.
Only one of the spouses can be represented by a proxy.
Stakeholders - Single citizens who are over 18 years of age and who do not have any psychological disorder or dementia.
- Birth certificate of the both parties
- Identification document
- The foreign spouse must bring the marriage certificate